Re: [dwm] dwm on openmoko

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 06:45:25 +0000

On Feb 15, 2008 6:01 PM, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> I have recently adquired an OpenMoko device (neo1973) and managed to
> build dwm 4.7 on it:

FWIW, I've had a TabletKiosk i7210 for about five months. This is
basically the internal hardware of a 600MHz Celeron-M PC, except that
its from factor is an 6x8in block with a 4x7in screen. Using dwm is
interesting in that a mouse pointer is built-in and thus always
available, but an external USB keyboard may or may not be. (There's a
pen touchscreen but I haven't been able to get it going yet.)

The one big change that I've made to my dwm on that device is to add a
start-up option to force new windows to go to an unoccupied tag. This
is useful because it's not possible to assign a window a different tag
just using hte mouse, and anyway 99% of the time when I'm using it
without the keyboard I'm using it as a pdf reader so that I want each
document on a distinct tag.

What's nice is using basically the same window manager on this device
(which is essentially a normal PC when the keyboard is plugged in, and
something exotic when it isn't) as on all my other machines.

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
david.tweed_AT_gmail.com