Re: [dwm] [dvtm-patch]: Mouse support optional

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:31:34 +0100

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:41:30PM +0100, Claudio M. Alessi wrote:
> Hi,
> i started to read the dvtm source code only few days ago
> in the hope to be able to contribute with the project soon
> which, to me, is one of the best tool we could have today.
> Yes, i'm serious.

Hi Claudio,

Thanks! But you probably exaggerate a bit ;)

> Since i don't need the mouse support at all i made such
> support "optional" with few lines of preprocessor code.
> This allow to toggle the support by adding/removing the
> relative comment into the config.mk file.
>
> Feel free to include this little patch into the main code
> or discard it at all if you think it's not much usefull
> (in which case i'll have to remove the mouse code by hand
> before compile any new release of dvtm).

I have commited a slightly modified version which moves the mouse
initialization to a separate function. This avoids 2 otherwise unused
variables and makes it easier if we ever want to split the mouse
related code in a separate file.

> I also disabled the debug informations which may be easily
> toggled in a similar way to the mouse support in config.mk

I think there is no change needed here, just type "make debug" if you
want the debug output.

> Hope this helps and thanks to providing us a great tool as
> dvtm!

Regards,
Marc

--