[dwm] Xinerama: back to the roots

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 21:55:03 +0100

Hi there,

well, I agree that the current Xinerama support is also not the
way to go. First of all it is far to complex in the code for
the benefit it implements. And around 90% of all dwm users have
no Xinerama or Multihead support in my eyes.

So I believe a real invention will be a tile() with Xinerama
support instead and a status bar which can be positioned more
flexible (just using a certain screen only to save screen real
estate).

I believe, I will be able to unclutter the source code again a
lot from all this View-load (aka struct Monitor previously).

So the simpliest implementation for a Xinerama-enabled tile() in
a first step I can think of is, to allow a screen-based master
and stack area. More fine-grain setups will evolve later.

Kind regards,