Re: [dwm] recent changes

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:33:12 +0100

Szabolcs Nagy dixit (2008-03-06, 23:23):

> On 3/6/08, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> > I also refactored tile(), which consists of 5 functions now,
> > tilev(), tileh(), tilemaster(), tilevstack(), tilehstack().
> > Due to the change yesterday, I believe that with some testing
> > and bug fixing the bstack layout is a special config.h setting
> > now with different M{X,Y,W,H} and T{X,Y,W,H} settings .
>
> yes finally i don't need extra layout.c to use bstack

However, this poses a problem that bottomstack layout would be the only
standard layout (apart from float and monocle), while it usually makes
sense to have bottomstack and standard tile interchangable.

To have both I'd have to have to hack two versions of tile(), with two
different sets of M{X,Y,W,H} and T{X,Y,W,H} values, right?

So this would still need a patch rather than be usable out of the box
the usual bottomstack way.

Best,

--
[a]