[dwm] my dual-monitor layout

From: Jacek Hoffman <jhoffman_AT_ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:19:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I use laptop with secondary monitor right-hand of it by xrandr.
Long term icewm user, tried awesome and xmonad. Now I use dwm exclusively.

I work on laptop keyboard so the laptop monitor always is my main window,
MWFACT set to the ratio of monitors width.

Thank to yiyus hint I changed line in function tile introducing Bool
mainonly. In dwm-4.3 version it is:

mw = ((n > nmaster) || mainonly ) ? (waw * masterw) / 1000 : waw;

and new function:

void
togglemainonly(const char *arg) {
        mainonly = !mainonly;
        lt->arrange();
}

Results of function togglemax actions were confusing for me so it is not
used at all and its keybinding MOD+m is associated with togglemainonly.
With such extensions and xrandr commands I can switch dual/single monitor
layout on the fly - it IS laptop anyway.
Cycling through tags is quite useful, so added it as well.

Worked great in dwm-4.7, however sometimes I missed possibility to
increase number of clients in the master area. Unfortunately my knowledge
of C is less than basic and I cannot implement NMASTER feature in dwm-4.7.
Hence I switched back to dwm-4.3 and applied (changed accordingly) my
patches to it.

For me it is the best dual head configuration so far.

I hope it helps
kind regards

Jacek Hoffman