Re: [dwm] still simplicity or featureitis?

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:12:03 +0100

On 3/13/08, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> > the floating mode flag in the layout is a bit ugly
>
> Well, if you have a better proposal for 4.9, let me know.

no idea yet

> > focus + restack is not optimal but i had the same feeling before
>
> What's the issue here?

there is a restack at each arrange() call, but i usually only need
restack after a layout change
eg when a new floating win appears then only a focus(new) &&
xraise(new) is needed
when a zoom is called on a tiled win then other wins shouldn't be restacked
etc

i know that it would make the code more complex

> > imho current tip is not worse than earlier versions
>
> Agreed, and that's why I'm going to release dwm-4.8 now.

what about moving "void (*setgeoms)(void) = setdefaultgeoms;" to config.h ?
(so one can change it's value there without keybinding or redefinition)

there is still an unnecessary space at
'1053 void'
'1054 monocle(void) { ' <-here ;)