Re: [dwm] togglemax substiute in 4.9?

From: Joerg van den Hoff <j.van_den_hoff_AT_fzd.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 14:52:50 +0200

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 02:07:04PM +0200, Julien Barnier wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> > question: is their a chance to get a kind of `togglemonocle'
> > functionality into dwm without writing it myself? this would
> > seem a frequent demand: activate monocle for some time than
> > switch back to tiling (or whatever layout was in effect
> > previously).
>
> I had a similar demand, and I solved it by using a custom defgeom, as
> the following in config.h :
>

> DEFGEOM(full, 0, sh, sw, 0, 0, sw, sh, wx, wy, sw, sh, mx+mw, wy, ww-mw, wh, wx, wy, ww, wh)
>
> Geom geoms[] = {
> /* symbol function */
> { "[]", single }, /* first entry is default */
> { "[f]", full },
> };
>
> With this configuration, I got something similar to togglemax() by
> using Ctrl+Mod+Space.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Julien

julien,

thanks for responding. I've not dived into the new `geom'
stuff yet, but tried your patch simply as is. I find that it
always maximizes the master area, irrespective of current
focus (but keeps the focused window in the foreground). is
that as it should be?

so, this patch helps some, but a real `togglelayout' would
be nicer :-)

joerg