Re: [dwm] Yet another simplification, this time sel/prevtags

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:49:37 +0200

2008/4/20, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 06:05:50PM +0200, Premysl Hruby wrote:
> > attached patch makes one array for both sel and prevtags. So there is
> > no need to swap them in memory in view() as we only change seltags
> > pointer to point viewtags[0] or viewtags[1].
> >
> > It also with little change can support arbitrary number of saved tags
> > set (3 save position can be usable, with modkey-shift-tab going on
> > "next" state in queue).
>

> I like this solution and applied it with a slightly changed
> order of variable declarations. I intend to declare the variables
> in groups of same types.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Anselm R. Garbe >< http://www.suckless.org/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361

I like this change, good work Premysl! But once you are using the
array, you don't need seltags any more. The attached patch saves 2 or
3 loc. It also includes the functionality of my patch to see prevtags,
but if you do the XOR inside memcpy you can save another line of code.
I have also changed a little your notation (because I don't like
underscores in variable names), but maybe you can think of better
names.
I think I will like dwm 5.0...

--
- yiyus || JGL .