Re: [dwm] bloq may used to ignore keybindings

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:25:55 +0200

Premysl Hruby dixit (2008-04-23, 14:27):

> > Maybe we can also let configurable this bloq. key in config.h and
> > use any other locked key for this.
>
> I prefer to use Mod4 (win key) as MODKEY, so I have no keybinding clash.

Agreed, mod4 is far more comfortable.

Which brings another question to mind on a related topic:

Is it possible to prevent applications to receive dwm-specific
keystrokes upon focusing them? My particular problem is that I often
work on remote Windows machines via rdesktop and when I switch my view
to the tag with the rdesktop client, the client (and subsequently the
windows machine) receives the already-pressed win-key event (I use mod4
to switch tags) and opens up the windows "start menu" which is very
annoying.

So it it possible to prevent passing pressed dwm-function keys to
applications?

Regards,

--
[a]