Re: [dwm] way towards 5.0

From: Rockwolf <thereisanewway_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:30:23 +0200

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 12:07:37PM +0200, Jan Christoph Ebersbach wrote:
> > The floating layout is totally useless when it comes to mouseless usage
> > and even with the mouse there is no window manager that provides such
> > weak functionality to manage floating windows.
>
> I disagree. I think the floating mode is as usable as in
> traditional WMs -- which functionality are you missing?

I too think the floating layout is necessary. But if you don't like it,
you can always turn it of in the config.
I really like this config.h stuff, you can throw out anything you don't
like ^^ and only if no-one likes it, it might be worth completely
removing it, but like I said, floating layout seems necessary to me (for
pop-ups or badly programmed graphical apps as fir as I use those)

--
 This mail was signed using GnuPG...

 To get my public key, you can search for my name or
 e-mail address on

 http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/
 http://subkeys.pgp.net/