Re: [dwm] Freedom (was: Re: sic ipv6 patch)

From: Sylvain Bertrand <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 12:14:43 +0200

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> This whole discussion about licenses supports my first reason
> why I don't choose GPL: I don't understand it in any detail,
> because it is too long and covers to many things which I can't
> remember as a whole. And I doubt most developers who license
> their stuff under the terms of the GPL actually really know any
> detail and possible impact of the GPL.

Create your license: take the MIT, and add something like "this clause
takes precedence on any previous clauses: in no case you will
use/interact with this code in any ways for/from closed source
programs, for ever"
Then you have a kind of GPL. If you want a LGPL, you remove the interact part.

--
use single GPL licensed software, use Linux and secure your digital freedom!