Re: [dwm] feature freeze, please test

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:12:38 +0200

2008/6/14 yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>:
> About the mouse warping issue we have discussed in #dwm, forget it, I
> can get the desired behavior with a little config.h modifications.
> I add:
>
> void
> warptosel(const Arg *arg) {
> if(sel)
> XWarpPointer(dpy, None, sel->win, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
> }
>
> and then, in buttons definitions:
>
> { ClkWinTitle, 0, Button1, warptosel, {0} },
> { ClkWinTitle, 0, Button1, movemouse, {0} },
> { ClkWinTitle, 0, Button3, resizemouse, {0} },
> { ClkWinTitle, 0, Button4, focusstack,
> {.i = -1 } },
> { ClkWinTitle, 0, Button5, focusstack,
> {.i = +1 } },
>
> and that's all. So I'd suggest to not touch dwm.c any more, and this
> message will stay here as a reference for other people if they are
> interested.

I have reverted the ButtonPressMask in the root win and added

        else
                click = ClkWinTitle;

after the last else if in buttonpress, if you add this to the config.h
modifications in my previous message managing windows in the floating
layout is really comfortable, just click in the root window. I think
further thinking is needed before getting rid of root click events
(though this solution is not definitive, it still has the problem of
window borders treated like the root win...). What do other people
think about this?

--
- yiyus || JGL .