Re: [dwm] Need a small image resize program

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:24:07 +0200

On 6/14/08, markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de> wrote:
> After I stepped over GD-lib (which has less dependencies, but still
> provides ready-to-use functions), I started to write a tool with it.
> See: http://prog.marmaro.de/resize-gd

gd is _not_ a small lib and --probably it's just me but-- i have some
prejudice against "and is now maintained by [..] under the umbrella of
PHP.net"
(i've yet to see nice code from them)

also gd only does very simple resampling (!= image resize)

imlib2 of enlightment (mentioned earlier) is smaller, faster with
nicer code (at least the simple scaling part)

(actually i'd rather use imagemagick than a hack on top of gd)