Re: [dwm] dmenu directory test

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:39:38 +0200

On 6/14/08, James Turner <james_AT_bsdgroup.org> wrote:
> Doesn't it make more sense to do a test, then just redirect error
> output?

Then you'd have to test more than your patch does: right now, your
patch only tests if we're dealing with a directory; whether or not the
user running the script has permission to cd into that directory is
not taken in consideration. I agree with the others here that the cd
itself is the safest test.