Re: [dwm] Being not so elitist

From: Richard Pöttler <richard.poettler_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:59:06 +0200

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/7/29 markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>:
>> "This keeps its userbase small and elitist. No novices asking stupid
>> questions."
>
> Well, I removed this statement, now. It was on purpose 2 years ago,
> though. It wasn't intended as offense, however.
>
> I might restore this statement, if a new user shows up proposing or
> asking for a configuration file format.

I am happy about this decision.

I think there will be a new user asking for this sooner or later. Why
not add some kind of faq (and even if it only contains one
question/answer), where it says, that a configuration file format is
not gonna happen unless someone writes a patch for it and posts it in
the appropiate section. The faq could also link to the wiki page
describing how to patch the configuration header file, Filippo is
going to write.

bye
richi