Re: [dwm] dvtm suggestion

From: Donald Chai <donald.chai_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 04:28:47 -0700

> What about the ability to run different dvtm instances on different
> virtual terminals that share a common "session"?
>
> This could be seen as the tag/workspace concept. You could detach a
> window on /dev/tty1 and reattach it in your other dvtm on /dev/tty3.
>
> The only thing that comes to my mind is that in order to get six
> workspaces you'd have to log in manually six times on different
> consoles. Or perhaps there is a getty out there that supports
> multi-logins...

Are you simply looking for a tag/workspace mechanism, or do you want
the ability to detach and reattach sessions?

- tags/workspaces are a straightforward addition to dvtm, since it
was derived from dwm. (I have it mostly working for myself, but I had
to rip out a lot of dvtm-specific things like 'minimize')

- GNU Screen does detach/reattach.