Re: [dwm] 2 bugs in resize()

From: Peter Hartlich <sgkkr_AT_hartlich.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 19:54:45 +0200

Hi Anselm,

> If y < x, then y / x < 1, whereas x / y > 1, afaik this might have
> effect if we use c->mina as divisor later on.

What kind of effect?

>> If you apply only half the patch, then in
>>
>> | else if(a < c->mina)
>> | h = w / c->mina;
>>
>> c->mina would have to be changed to 1.0/c->mina.
>
> Hmm, any reason why not restoring the previous h = w * c->mina instead?

You would also need to correct the if statement's condition to
"a < 1.0/c->mina" or "1.0/a > c->mina".

But if you decide to stick with a reciprocal mina, I think completely
reversing my patch, replacing > with < in the old code's mina check,
and maybe renaming mina to rmina would be a cleaner way to go.

Regards,
Peter