Re: [dwm] dwm: request to discuss

From: Filippo Erik Negroni <f.e.negroni_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:28:35 +0100

2008/8/27 Maxim Vuets <maxim.vuets_AT_gmail.com>

> Next, tags. Really cool idea for sure. But let's be honest: how much
> of us use them as tags, not as workspaces? I think not much.

That was the one and only feature that set dwm apart from all other WMs.

Desktops?

You can write a patch, and if enough people like it (or Anselm), then it
will make into the main stream.

Status bar?

Yes, I think it would be nice if the status bar could be written as a
plugin: whenever something changed, dwm communicates it as a message (text)
on stdout. Any application reading stdout can then do whatever they want
with it.

That would be simple to implement and offload managing the status bar in
dwm.

--
Cheers,
Filippo