Re: [dwm] dwm: request to discuss

From: Maxim Vuets <maxim.vuets_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:55:30 +0300

2008/8/28, Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_enolink.de>:

>> I don't propose to get rid of tags, no! I propose to introduce
>> workspaces in addition to tags. It will be just sets which keep
>> current layout and selected tags. That's all!
>
> +1
>
> That makes sense to me, but where do you want to place the workspace
> list?

It is not strongly neceserry. If status bar will be separate application,
it is not care of dwm. If not---I see one nice place: before tags list.
But not list and just a name of the current workspace.

>> I want to use some layout scheme to one set of windows and
>> another layout to another set. dwm cannot do it. awesome can
>> (exactly for 2.x, don't know about 3.x). But it is broken---it tryies to
>> use
>> tags (yes, they are still tags) as workspaces. It remembers layout per
>> tag.
>
> +1
>
> Another nice feature would be a workspace deck or tag deck. This way
> multiple tags or workspaces can be overlay each other on multiple
> layers. I don't if this really practically relevant.

If I understand you correctly, I don't see practical usage of such deck.
Your example?

--
Hoc est simplicissimum!
maxim.vuets.name