Re: [dwm] Re: keyboard input focus

From: bill lam <cbill.lam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:15:43 +0800

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008, Antoni Grzymala wrote:

> pancake_AT_youterm.com dixit (2008-09-09, 09:31):
>
> > what is client switching for you? Which keys are you using? If youre
> > talking about the default zoom and alt,tab keys. In dwm theres no
> > random functionailty,but you can make a patch if you want :P. Check
> > your conf and feed us with more concise information. But i think youre
> > missing something
>
> On a side note, there *is* a similar random problem with terminal
> windows, not exactly that they are not getting focus when they should,
> but that they're losing the focus indicator (ie the cursor box is an
> empty outline).
>
> This is quite annoying. And it has happened with vanilla dwm for many
> versions now. Maybe this is the original poster's problem.

Mouse click on a window should bring the window to the front (z-order)
and the keyboard focus (the caret) should also transfer to a child of
that window. But this is not always happens, to make it worse the
problem does not show up when I try to reproduce it.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24