Re: [dwm] a locked window for stalonetray - a different approach

From: Jeremy Jay <dinkumator_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:33:12 -0500

On Fri 05 Dec 2008 - 07:12AM, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> The new flag means: "do not allow to change tags, and do not display tag
> indicator".

I don't know about you, but I don't try to change the tags for
stalonetray very often. :) My patch also has the benefit of working
with anything with all tags (ie I can MOD-shift-0 any window to get it
to stick and hide from tags, but adding a Rule flag needs a recompile).

> Probably this behaviour could/should be combined with your "nofocus"
> feature, i.e. locked windows should never get focus *at first*.

(*at first* versus *always*) - This was a "feature" based on my use-case:
there isn't really a way to interact with the tray by keyboard, so it
only focuses with a mouse click. This makes cycling through the windows
a little bit simpler too.

On Tue 25 Nov 2008 - 09:43PM, yy wrote:
> You could do something very similar just caling unmanage. The problem
> is you can't call functions from the rules definition (though you
> could use a keybinding to unmanage windows).

I thought about this too, but it was more complicated, and has the
drawback that I can't move the tray around to see underneath it. (and
since I can't get the icons to scale down to fit the bar's height atm,
this is actually an issue sometimes...)

Jeremy