Re: [dwm] [dclip] dmenu-based clipboard manager

From: Delta <delta.tecblog_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 19:18:53 +0100

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:18:30
bill lam <cbill.lam_AT_gmail.com> wrotes:

> On further testing, it appeared that the xclip itself cannot handle
> utf8. On replacing xclip with xsel, it now works without problem. What
> problem did you encounter in using xsel?

I had problems when pasting some characters like the accented ones and others like "ñ" or "ç" on xterm.
I'm glad you have it working properly now.

> I prefer \034 to \266 as delimiter, since the later is a 2 byte
> sequence in utf8 encoding. I'm not sure if tr can handle that. Why
> choose \034? Because awk uses it.

Probably it's a better choice and it seems to work well. I make the change.

> on ubuntu, sh is not bash; it is the old sh.

I haven't noticed about that, ok then.

Regards,

Delta