Re: [dwm] dmenu filename tab-completion patch

From: Jeremy Jay <dinkumator_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:25:38 -0500

On Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 12:38PM, bill lam wrote:
> It is very useful!
> Can it be extended to handle <tab><tab> ?

request granted =) first tab will do longest
completion, subsequent tabs will cycle through
all choices.

I dont know if others tried or not, but my
example didnt work... OpenOffice (and a few
other apps I noticed) doesn't like the escaped
spaces, so I tweaked the dmenu_run script so
it'll work now (assuming the filename is the
only argument... YMMV)

This patch makes the functionality optional
through a "-c" command line argument, in the
interests of keeping dmenu generic and hoping
this will get committed to the main line. So
you'll want to add it to your dwm config.h or
whatever you call it through. I've also
added some info to the man page too.

Jeremy