[dwm] dmenu - how to autoconfirm selection in case of exact match?

From: michael_der gulliUser <michael_der_AT_gulli.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:39:56 +0100

Hi everybody,

I've already read the manpage and the archives of this mailing list.
However, unfortunately I could not find a patch / a way to tell dmenu to
automatically confirm a selection and execute the command, if a menu item
and the text I've entered match exactly. But it seems to me as if the
members of this mailing list are all quite knowledgeable and helpful. So
here I go:

I would very much like to feed dmenu a list of menu items, each of which
consists only of one letter (e.g. f as an alias for firefox). In this
particular case, it would be terrific if dmenu automatically launches
firefox without the need to confirm by pressing enter.

My longterm goal is to use dmenu as a vehicle to easily select and execute
previously recorded keyboard macros in order to alleviate my RSI.

Is this possible at all?

Any help / suggestions on how to accomplish this is very much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Michael