Re: [dwm] nabble access

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:49:15 -0200

> Why do you prefer nntp over E-Mail? I also can't see why thread alerts
> are useful, nearly all E-Mail clients let you search within your

I don't prefer nntp over email. afaik nabble isn't a nntp server
anyway (gmane IS a nntp gateway and it hosts dwm list), so it's not
the point. What I prefer is to search big mailing lists archived as
online forums, to lurk without previous subscription, etc. Of course,
there would be no problem if it were for the dwm list alone. The fact
is that I follow a considerable number of other mailing lists, and
most of them are hosted by nabble, so nowadays I tend to centralise my
mailing list usage there. gmane is mostly fine too, but they have no
alerts to follow interesting threads and posting is a bit clumsy.

Regards
-Carlos