[dwm] [OT] xss bugfix

From: Neale Pickett <neale_AT_woozle.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:08:31 -0600 (CST)

I've fixed a bug in xss that would cause the included "magic" hack to
die after running for a few days straight. My 4-year-old daughter asked
me to explain it to her, and it's such a good explanation that you're
going to get it too.

Every time I wanted to draw a new line, I would ask for a new color of
crayon. Then there's this guy who you can tell "I'm done with this
crayon" and will come pick it off of the floor. But I told the guy I
was done with the crayon before I put it down on the floor, so when he
came by to pick it up, he didn't see it and went away. Over time, I
wound up taking every crayon in the box, and then the teacher noticed
and gave me a timeout for not sharing crayons.

Her first question: "how many crayons did you take, daddy?"

My answer: "oh, probably a couple million."

Download available at http://woozle.org/~neale/src/xss/

Neale