[dwm] minimal communication

From: Scytrin dai Kinthra <scytrin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:23:23 -0800

I'm slowly migrating from irssi to sic for IRC conversations, setting
up up a hotkey in dwm to popup dmenu, which feeds into sic. sic will
be displayed in either the root window or a terminal. I'm still
figuring out the IPC for this setup to work sanely.

My question however, is anyone familiar with a jabber client similar
to sic? I've looked at freetalk and mcabber. freetalk seems more CLI
oriented, but I doesn't seem that piping friendly to me.
mcabber uses ncurses as an interface, but already has a few howtos on
sending notifications and data to text files, which means I can get
notifications similar to sic. But I'd have to utilize the application
itself rather than a dmenu pipe.

Anyone?

--
stadik.net