Re: [dwm] Suckess Code Management

From: Ian Daniher <it.daniher_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:44:30 -0400

Window Manager = dwm(heavily patched and edited by me, nearing a fork)
File Manager = bash
Text Editor = nano
Calendar / Todo = paper
File search = find | grep | good directory structure
E-Mail = gmail
Music = ncmpc + mpd + sshfs
Chat = irssi+bitlbee, soon swapping irssi for something lighter
Terminal = uxterm
Terminal wm = gnu screen
Browser = firefox
p2p = deluge
rss = igoogle
Multimedia player = mplayer
Image = feh & gimp & inkscape
Distro = Arch Linux
VCS = Rsync + python
#I have a python script which allows incremental, timestamped, hardlinked
backups to be made to a remote server over sftp. It's quite nice.

As for coding, I have a screen session shared between all my xterm windows.
I have nano(with syntax highlighting) open in one or two of them, a terminal
for make / configure, and a terminal for testing the executable.
I use either monocle or a column-modified grid mode as my primary layout.

Best,

--
Ian Daniher