Re: [dwm] Suckess Code Management

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:25:53 +0000

Unfortunately I've had to move to Windows at work, but at home I'm
still using Linux with more choice of applications.

Window manager - DWM, sometimes hacked
Scripting language of choice: python (I find it easier to use one
language almost all my scripting even though it's sometimes overkill
for very simple scripts rather than try and judge whether this should
be a shell script or python when I start writing it)
Build system: make (soemtimes with autogenerated makefiles)
Text editor - Medea (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mouseterminal/,
my own hack that's a bit like plan9 acme), emacs on temporary machines
Debugger - gdb, valgrind
File search - "git grep" (often easier than figuring out globbing for
regular grep), grep,
Web browser - Firefox, chrome (when on windows)
Code management - git
Terminal - hacked aterm
Email/calendar - Gmail/google calendar (so someone else understands
the mail configuration, spam filtering, replication stuff, etc, and I
don't have to, not particularly from liking/disliking the "front end
programs")
Todo - trying TaskCoach, which seems to grasp that some goals are hierarchical
Data plotting - gnuplot combined with piping

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
computer vision reasearcher: david.tweed_AT_gmail.com