Re: [dwm] Suckess Code Management

From: Amit Uttamchandani <atu13439_AT_csun.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:19:56 -0700

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:59:03 +0900
Alan Busby <thebusby_AT_thebusby.com> wrote:

> > I am astounded by how many respondents regularly use file managers!
>

> Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I'm missing something here...
> Do file managers have some killer feature that the shells
> (bash/tcsh/zsh/etc) don't?

It seems like I'm on the other side of table here...I've been trying to
look for a good file manager and I found TuxCmd to be the best. It's
basically midnight commander with tabs. I guess I could be missing
something here...

So if you need to work on let's say around 5-6 source code files along
with constant references to external files such as pdf's, etc. you have
multiple tabs in a terminal or multiple shells open and use that to
navigate the file system? Also if you had to copy between files between
multiple directories...isn't there a lot of "typing" going on?