Re: [dwm] Suckess Code Management

From: Kai Grossjohann <kai_AT_emptydomain.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:19:14 +0100

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:57:08 -0600
Neale Pickett <neale_AT_woozle.org> wrote:

> I am astounded by how many respondents regularly use file managers!

I couldn't live without them. I used to use dired in Emacs, now I use
the corresponding vim functionality.

If you know what you want, then it is quicker to enter the filename
with completion, be it in bash or zsh or Emacs or vim.

But if you are not sure which files there are and which one you might
wish to operate on, it's surely nice to get a list, to be able to move
the cursor to one of them, and to hit some key to open the PDF in
Evince or the source file in the editor.

I think I want to try TuxCmd, it looks quite cool.

Kai