Re: [dwm] Raise window when requested?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:41:28 +0100

Hi,

2009/4/14 Haomin Wen <wen1987_AT_gmail.com>:
> I often write some latex files in vim, and use xdvi to see the result. My
> screen is small, so I work in monocle layout.
>
> The man page of xdvi said that the existing xdvi will raise its window when
> another xdvi is evoked with -sourceposition option, but it seems that dwm
> can not handle this.
>
> Can somebody fix this?

I will have a look into it. It'll be required that these windows are
set to floating, otherwise dwm will always override to "behind
floating windows" if these windows are managed/tiled by default. Afaik
configurenotify does not handle raise requests right now.

Note, this fix won't be in officially before dwm-5.6, because hg tip
is what I'm going to release as dwm-5.5.

Kind regards,
--Anselm