[dwm] Gvim size problem

From: Preben Randhol <randhol_AT_pvv.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:53:49 +0200

Hi

I have been using dwm for a couple of weeks now and I really love it!
Especially the automatic tiling system so I don't need to move and
resize my windows. I found the horizontal tiling patch and pertag patch
to be very valuable for my needs. I use it on my Eee PC and an old
computer. My main computer will also be switched from xfce4 to dwm as
soon as I have managed to add a way to notify about new security
updates and notification for new mcabber message.

Anyway! There is only one slight problem I have, but I don't know if it
is a dwm issue or gvim issue. When I open a gvim on my Eee 1024x600 or
my old computer 1280x1024 it doesn't resize correctly. Same happens ifI
go from Monocle to tiled view. I mean the outer border is correct, but I
get an empty white area below the statusline (inside the window). If I
open a new application like xterm then suddenly gvim gets redrawn
correctly. I can supply a screenshot later from my Eeepc.

Have others seen this behavior? Is it a gvim problem or dwm? I use the
5.5 from hg with the two patches mentioned. System is Ubuntu Jaunty.

I have also run gvim -U NONE -u NONE with same effect.

Preben