Re: [dwm] dwm's future

From: David E. Thiel <lx_AT_redundancy.redundancy.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:27:51 -0701

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 08:29:12PM +0200, Dusan wrote:
> Please keep bar, that's why dwm is great out of the box.

Agreed. A window manager should be usable on its own, and have sensible
defaults. Ability to customize is great, but it shouldn't be depended
upon to make for a decent user experience.

> No. Adding exceptions will increase code and you can't possibly cover
> all broken applications.

Yeah, I wouldn't bend over backwards to support these. With wmname, Java
apps work fine for me.

> > Please feel free to comment or add other ideas to this list.

Only things I can think of are better integrated multi-head support
(I have yet to try Guillaume's patch) and XCB. It's basically perfect
otherwise.