Re: [dwm] dwm's future

From: Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 22:39:43 +0200

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 09:37:56PM +0200, yy wrote:

> I don't think nobody needs unicode glyphs in their tag names or tile
> symbols, you wouldn't need cairo in dwm

I'm still using dwm-4.7 (because I did not yet have time to port all
patches to the current version), but Unicode glyphs in status bar
work, even without pango or cairo. I have German umlauts as well as
Japanese characters (eg. web page titles from Firefox).

http://www.cgarbs.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/dwm-mitch.git?a=blob;f=05_patch_dwm_mitch_utf8widechars.diff

Regards
Christian

--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de
"Der Kopf ist rund, damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann."