Re: [dwm] dwm's future

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:41:35 -0500

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Preben Ran
> well, what is the purpose of a stausbar? It is a minority of the
> worlds population that adheres to 7-bit ASCII.

Which just makes it more mysterious that nobody has fixed xlib font rendering.

> or that one just patch dwm for pango like one need to do for all other
> useful patches. As I can see from a patch I got the code won't change
> more than a few lines...

I hadn't thought of this, but I strongly support a patch like bstack
or pertag. That way we can leave the core of dwm alone and people who
require hacks and workarounds to display their language can apply them
at compile-time.

# Kurt H Maier