Re: [dwm] dwm's future

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:58:31 +0200

When I was in the university I had to use matlab. Proffessors told me
that I can use the windows boxes in place, but for personal reasons
(time and so) I proposed them to use the telnet interface and use it
remotely.

It happened that their license didn't allowed them to export the
application via network. Which is IMHO a very stupid and privative
limitation.

At this point I decided to install octave on a remote netbsd box, add
some fixes to the package and I develop all the tasks finding
equivalences between the sintaxes.

The last page of my work was an explanation of the reasons for using
it. I just explain that I don't support software that limits my
freedom and possibilities, and I also explain how incorrect is to
teech people with privative tools.

They accept my project but things didn't changed.