Re: [dwm] [OT] Reputable online computer shops in Germany?

From: Adam F <adam.listmail_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:03:47 +0200

>Alternate, K&M Elektronik and notebooksbilliger.de ...

thanks, this was just what i was looking for.

>I am considering buying a netbook in the very near future, too. You might
>share your criteria and the results of your comparison -- I at least would
>be interested in that.

my requirements are quite similar to yours, but with weight, and
battery life being at the top of the list, noise is not as critical.
After reading over the old subnotebook threads on this list and
spending some hours yesterday looking at stuff online I am kind of
underwhelmed by the current selections and prices. The closest I see
to what I am looking for is probably the 901 eee pc, although after
reading Preben's comment I think I want to go to a shop to compare in
person the keyboard issue. I find it kind of strange the HDD options
seem to jump from 12 to 160 GB with nothing in between. Its like
everyone just gave up on the SSDs for now. There is no way I need
more than ~60, and 30 would probably be fine. It also seems like once
you go to the 10.2" size a lot of the netbooks have almost exactly the
same specs; asus, lenovo, msi, etc, atleast at the ~300 euro price
range, so really one needs to physically compare them, imo. In
summary, there seems to be less possibility than I hoped of getting
exactly what I want. I will probably wait a while before buying
anything. Also this site was mentioned on of the other threads and is
pretty informative: www.umpcportal.com

cheers,
adam.