Re: [dwm] Re: New mailing list

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:34:20 +0200

2009/5/20 Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>:
> On 5/20/09, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let's have hackers@ be some meta list which sends to dwm@ and wmii@,
>> and those subscribed to hackers will receive dwm@ and wmii@. Those who
>> are only interested in dwm@ or wmii@ specifically could just stay on
>> dwm@ resp. wmii@. That should be technically possible.
>
> dwm, wmii -> hackers
> hackers -> dwm, wmii
>
> so one sends a mail to dwm@ then it goes to hackers@ then someone
> replies there and the reply goes to wmii@?

Maybe I'm being naive, mailing lists are not my strong point. But IMO
you can send the messages to the people subscribed to hackers with the
corresponding FROM: field (dwm or wmii). So, if one sends a mail to
dwm, you recive it as coming from dwm. Since hackers subscribed recive
mail from both lists, the reply will arrive to dwm and hackers
subscribers. Only if you specifically send an email to hackers it will
be received by both lists (and you could, for example, change the TO:
field when the discussion goes off-topic). Maybe somebody knows if I'm
right or absolutely wrong.

--
- yiyus || JGL .