Re: [gsoc] I'm interested in the suckless ticket manager (stm) project

From: Jorge Vargas <jorge.vargas_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 02:09:42 -0400

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/11/09, Jorge Vargas <jorge.vargas_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> later. I'm specially interested in someone explaining to me what the
>> acronyms in this sentence stand for "This task includes the design and
>> implementation of a suckless system that solves the problem of TTS,
>> ARS and TRS all together." As google wasn't very useful...
>
> don't care too much about those, i guess it was sarcasm to make fun of
> current marketing trends full of obscure acronyms and solutions that
> works for all problems..
>
> i advise you to prepare your notes and come to #suckless-gsoc or #dwm
> irc channels and discuss the details with __20h__ or arg

I think we are on different timezone, and that is probably going to be
a problem, at least I got most responses from you guys a couple of
hours after I went to bed and I'm going to bed really late these days
(GMT -6)

> be aware, if 20h starts talking about service oriented architectures
> with integrated dbus and embedded xml with upnp support then your
> approach is probably not suckless enough..

hehehe not at all, in fact from his other email I think we have
similar goals. I'll elaborate more on that in a flew days when I clean
up my notes and the ML issues are gone.