Re: [hackers] [dmenu] detect active monitor using input focus || Connor Lane Smith

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 17:55:13 +0100

On 30 September 2011 14:47, anonymous <p37sitdu_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:
> So I have checked XGetInputFocus(3) and made a patch.

Thanks for the patch. I do think we need to check that w != root, though?

> Please test your changes before commiting them.

I can only test certain configurations of dmenu; other people with a
different setup might find bugs with certain displays, fonts, or
whatever else. To do this we need some way to let people test the code
prior to a stable release. We might set up some kind of 'repository'.

Do you see where I'm going with this? If you don't want your dmenu to
have bugs, don't pull from the development repository: it may be
unstable. Use a stable release, or hold back on a revision you know
works. Here be dragons.

Thanks,
cls