Re: [hackers] Mailing list infiltrated?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 12:51:52 +0100

On 11 December 2015 at 12:30, Harald Weber <harald.h.weber_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Google sent me an email that someone tried to log into my account.
> That was immediately after the signup to the mailing list.
>
> I got the welcome email from the mailing list at: Thu, 10 Dec 2015
> 14:56:31 -0800 (PST)
>
> At Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:56 PM (Eastern Standard Time) I got
> an email from google that someone tried to log into my account.
> Location was United States*
> *The location is approximate and determined by the IP address it was
> coming from.
>
> So I thought it can be related to the signup to the mailing list.

I think it is very unlikely that it is related to suckless.org.

First of all - all our servers are hosted in Germany, secondly only a
very limited amount of people have access to the mlmmj setup and
nobody is actively informed about subscribes/unsubscribes.

Thirdly we have plenty subscribe/unsubscribe events each day, so based
on this, we would have heared of similar events in case they are
caused somehow by our infrastructure.

BR,
Anselm