Re: [hackers] [sbase] Cleanup usage() across sbase

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 18:34:38 +0100

> Hey Quentin,

Hey FRIGN!

> thanks for your patch, though there are some issues with it I'd like to point out now.

You're welcome, thanks for the review.

> There's no need to include arg.h. This is already included in util.h, so let's keep it
> this way and not include it.

Yes, that was in the first patch, I corrected that in a second one.
I realized it too late.

> Don't change the usage as is, unless you also change the manpage meanfully.
> I see what you did there, but if at all, make it a separate patch.

You're right, I'll do that (also for the following same remarks).

> NO! The rule of thumb is: If a tool doesn't accept any flags, we won't
> handle flags and rather look for files called "-f" or something.

Actually POSIX seems to specify otherwise Unless otherwise stated in the utility
description, when given an option unrecognized by the implementation, or when a
required option-argument is not provided, standard utilities shall issue a diagnostic
message to standard error and exit with a non-zero exit status.”
But maybe I missed something else or misunderstood it. Let's discuss about it at HQ.

> What the fuck? Just keep the 7 spaces, alright? We don't need to become
> dynamic here.

Yeah, I guess I got carried away there.

> Why break the line limit here? Just keep it as-is.

I broke it to keep the option block on the same line. I arranged it on the next patch.

> Cheers

glop glop