Re: [hackers][ubase][tput] tput(1)

From: Lucas Vuotto <l.vuotto92_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 18:00:03 -0300

Hello FRIGN,

the patch is for ubase, not sbase, which, by definitio, is ugly :D

Anyway, what you say may still hold true. The patch could be smaller if we
only deal with clear, init and reset parameters, as stated by POSIX. This
come by my mind, but after asking in #suckless, just got an answer from ??,
telling my to go full ncurses tput (which reminds me, it only deals with
string capabilities now -- will fix if it gets merged).

As for the line count, I don't think it's possibly to make any library
dealing with terminfo smaller by a significant amount (say, 10% less
lines). Take in account that the library must provide a parser for a
context-free grammar.

Aside, maybe tput is too much for ubase. It's listed in the TODO, but I
don't know if it's really needed.

Concluding, I sent the patch so you can judge if it's worthless to merge or
no. It wasn't wasted time, because it helped me to find bugs in my library
:D

Cheers.

-- lv.