Re: [hackers] [surf] modal browsing

From: ssd <ssd_AT_mailless.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 00:42:43 +0200

Hi Lucas,

* Lucas Gabriel Vuotto 2017-09-03 17:28
> Patches should be inlined, as it's easier to reply to chunks.

can you point me to the place where this was decided. I recall heated
discussions on the list but don't recall a decision.

besides:

- mail clients should be able to recognize patch attachments as plain
  text and let you in-line them. at least mine does.

- replies should be in-line and should refrain from top-posting and
  unnecessary quotting

> One chunk assigns .b field of Arg union, which doesn't exists and is
> never used in the patch. It should assign .i instead.

failed back sync of config.h to config.def.h
good catch, thank you!

> As for opinions, I'm not a fan of modal modes, so I think it would
> work better as a patch in the wiki and not in mainline.

fair enough.

cheers
--s