Re: [hackers] [st][patch] bottom scratches

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 12:46:15 +0100

Hi Victor,

> Bottom_scratches is an optional numeric value that is useful if you
> have a damage area in the bottom of your screen. For example, you can
> bypass 128 pixels lines of your bottom screen by recompiling:
>
> BOTTOM_SCRATCHES=128 make install
>
> For sure you can compile as always if you don't wanna change anything.
>
> make install

Thanks for your patch.

Two main remarks though, this won't get merge into mainline because
this is a really special case, so you could push it to the wiki if you
want to.

Then I don't think this is something you should manage with the window
manager but rather with the X server configuration.

> Patch: dwm-bottom_scratches.diff

There are far too many things in this one patch, please separate
different parts in different commits in the future.