Re: [hackers] Re: [hackers][new tool][gcrypt]

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:32:17 -0500

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020, at 07:38, Գասպար Վարդանյան wrote:
> Thank you for advices.
> - Yes, I’m sure that it’s the correct way to build something, but I don’t know makefile’s language, I’ll learn it and try to write a Makefile for gcrypt.

Try to use standard makefiles, stay away from GNU extensions. I like (Plan 9) mk [1][2] a lot; it is smaller and simpler than other make implementations; however, it does not seem to be common on suckless projects--maybe because it's not POSIX standard.

> - Manual pages, groff/troff… I’ll try to make a manual page for gcrypt.

I think that suckless people generally prefer mdoc over groff/troff, for manual pages.

[1] https://tools.suckless.org/9base/
[2] https://github.com/dcjones/mk#why-plan-9-mk-is-better-than-make
[3] http://mandoc.bsd.lv/ports.html