Re: [hackers] [quark] Thoughts on CGI and authentication?

From: José Miguel Sánchez García <soy.jmi2k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 22:01:43 +0200

Currently the idea I'm most attached to is using groups as realms,
while keeping auth data in a separate file (or even hardcoded inside
config.h). I think it's a pretty elegant solution (and it would match
how I already manage shell user access to my server files), but
relying on filesystem metadata can be problematic as it can get lost
relatively easily (e.g: archive formats used for backup which do not
store user info).

Let me know how this ideas feels overall, I'm kinda biased as I love
(ab)using the filesystem for my own benefit.

Best regards.
José Miguel