[news] [farbfeld] version 4 release

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:11:10 +0200

Hello fellow hackers,

I'm pleased to announce version 4 of farbfeld[0][1].

Foremost this release finally includes a fix for the little mistake I
made in the Makefile regarding the order of arguments passed to cc
which package managers had to fix with a small patch. It now also
compiles on OpenBSD without problems.

Apart from that, I made error reporting much more consistent by putting
everything into util.c, which makes the code much more readable, and
cleared up all LICENSE matters and minor details in the build system.

At this point, farbfeld is very stable and unless another tool is added
the codebase in general is very low on the Kelvin scale right now.

Thanks for the helpful feedback, patches and suggestions! Let's see
what the future has in store for us.

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold

[0]: https://tools.suckless.org/farbfeld