[news] [slcon7] Invitation to the suckless conference 2020

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:58:14 +0100

Dear fellow hackers!

we are pleased to announce the suckless conference[0] on 2020-09-(17-20)
in Bad Liebenzell, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.

### Call for Papers

There will be regular talk sessions (in English) this year and we are
calling for optional talk proposals of around 10-30 minutes covering
either technological or philosophical topics (rants are welcome as
well). Each proposal should contain

        - the name of the author
        - an abstract written in English
        - presumably reference links to related ideas or topics

and be sent to

        admins_AT_suckless.org

until 2020-07-30. We don't expect a paper or slide set prior to the
conference! If you can not attend on a certain day, please add a note
about it so we can fine-tune the schedule accordingly.

### Conference Registration

The accommodation fee will be around 170€ and includes everything.
It will be due upon reservation confirmation.
Please contact us if and why you want to request sponsorship for the
accomodation; nobody should be left out for financial reasons.

In order to be able to arrange the conference properly, we also kindly
ask all of you who want to attend the event to register until
2020-08-01 by sending a mail to

        admins_AT_suckless.org

with your name and clear message that you will definitely attend.
Places are limited (!) and secured on a first mail basis. We will inform
all successful registrants within 2 weeks after receiving their
mail.

We also believe that it would be a good idea to arrange your travel
already, if you plan to attend. We recommend arrival on 2020-09-17 at
noon and departure on 2020-09-20 evening.
The closest international airport is Stuttgart, Germany. Bad Liebenzell
is a 40 minute trip from Stuttgart airport and well-accessible by train.

Members of the suckless.org e.V. are invited to attend our annual
Mitgliederversammlung (members meeting) on 2020-09-17 evening at the
venue (the invitation and exact location will be sent later). The
meeting will be in English.

We are looking forward to your talk proposals and registration requests!

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold

[0]: https://suckless.org/conferences/2020/

--